Pic: InterContinental Hotel Group – Best Price Guarantee
I’ve been monitoring the room rates at InterContinental Madrid for an upcoming weekend trip in January. Yesterday, I spotted a rate at olotels.com (via HotelsCombined.com) which was much lower than the published rate on the IHG website.
Pic: Olohotels.com InterContinental Madrid €99/night rate (incl. tax)
Pic: InterContinental.com IC Madrid €146,88/night rate (incl. tax)
After verifying the IHG Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions once more, I booked the more expensive rate at the IHG website and submitted a Best Price Guarantee claim. As I didn’t receive a reply on my online claim, I called the IHG Best Price Guarantee Support Desk who assured me an email was on its way. This morning I received confirmation of my complimentary first night and the lower €99 rate for my second night at InterContinental Madrid. Two nights at a five star property in Madrid for €99, another great deal! 🙂
How to get the lowest room rates at IHG Hotels?
- BEST AVAILABLE RATE: Determine which IHG hotels (InterContinental, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, Indigo, …) are available for your dates and destination at the IHG website. By default the results will show the Best Available rate.
- BEST PRICE GUARANTEE: Use HotelsCombined.com (or similar) to determine if a third party website is selling the same hotel room at a cheaper price. If that’s the case, submit a Best Price Guarantee claim. If your claim is valid (make sure to read the terms and conditions) IHG will match the lower price, and give you your first night free!
- IHG PROMOTIONS: FrequentFlyerBonus.com has a nice overview of all current promotions (even per country). Also check IHG Weekend Breaks (2 for 1, 3 for 2, 35% discount)
- PRIORITY CLUB POINTBREAKS: Check if the hotel is not listed on the PointBreaks list. If you’re lucky, you can redeem a free night for only 5000 PriorityClub points! If the hotel rate is really expensive and not listed on the PointBreaks list, you can still pay the regular points price to redeem a free night.
- FRIENDS AND FAMILY RATE: If available, this will most likely be the lowest rate but you won’t receive PriorityClub points nor is the hotel obligated to provide you with any of your status privileges (Ambassador upgrades, PriorityClub perks, etc..) You don’t have friends or family working at IHG? No worries, we’re all friends of Doug Castor (Global Sourcing Manager with IHG) He’s sharing his personal link to the IHG Friends and Family rate on his twitter account (which I used successfully in the past)
- Enjoy your lowest rate!
Many thanks, this has helped me save some money. Keep it up Bart! 🙂
Hi there, very informative details for me as I’m
planning a birthday staycation next march. What is the code to use for IHG Family & Friends rate at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport?
Kris, sorry for the late reply. The IHG F&F rate can be obtained at almost every IHG hotel using Doug Castor’s link (Global Sourcing Manager with IHG)
Just wanted to give you a shout out. Thanks to you I now have a free night stay at Intercontinental Paris Le Grand and saved a bundle on my London leg as well. Pity my royal ambassador expired. Would’ve been nice to say I stayed in a Parisian suite for free. Props.
Pingback: 36 hours in Venice (Italy) | travel.bart.la
Pingback: IHG – Two nights for the price of one | travel.bart.la
Pingback: Deluxe room InterContinental Madrid | travel.bart.la
For my flight to Madrid, I used http://Kayak.com and http://Bravofly.com to locate the lowest fares departing from Brussels Airport. In case I would have considered alternative airports like Brussels South Charleroi, I would have used sites like http://qfly.nl
For this trip I booked on Iberia (on their native Iberia.com website)
Return trip BRU-MAD: 95 euro all-in! 🙂
En je vlucht? Hoe boek je die?
Pingback: New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback - Page 70 - FlyerTalk Forums