Pic: Bedroom of Deluxe Suite at VIE hotel Bangkok (Aug 2011)
For my last night in Bangkok, I had booked a Deluxe Suite at MGallery’s VIE Hotel. (Accor) For booking info, see my Planning: Bangkok Hotels post.
- Upgrade request for VIE Duplex Suite rejected at time of booking (I’m A-Club Gold member)
- I accepted a breakfast + internet package at check-in (1177THB) Afterwards I noticed internet was already included in my room-rate and breakfast was only 900THB for two pax, so I was overcharged 277THB
- The interior color scheme of the rooms (red-brown-orange-gold) is ugly
- The fruit cocktails at the pool were bad tasting powdered drinks
- The pool is in a different building, you need to cross the hotel driveway to go to the pool.
- I signed-up for the Accor Miles and More promo (1000 miles per stay) but didn’t get the miles. Instead I got very few A-club points (219+164)
Pic: Transparent swimming pool at VIE hotel Bangkok (iPhone – Aug 2011)
the color scheme is quite thai…
i had the same issue with the suite upgrade as i had toyed getting an upgrade to a duplex suite, though i was allowed to downgrade at check-in. in my book, this hotel offers the best value for money in town.
Pingback: Accor Hotels Super Sale 50% Off | travel.bart.la
Nice website with good report and photos/video. Thank you for sharing. I will post your video on Milepoint website if it’s okay with you. 🙂
Thanks Kalboz. Sure, go ahead and post the video on Milepoint.
Did you book a suite or were you upgraded to one? There is a Jazz promo at this property with good benefits I thought: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/thailand-travel-sales-promotions-deals.2599/page-8
I booked a deluxe suite and requested an upgrade in the comments field of the booking as per A-Club perks. I received a reply stating they don’t upgrade above deluxe suites :-s
Pingback: VIE Hotel Bangkok - FlyerTalk Forums